Tuesday 16 August 2022

Day 58 (16th August 2022)

 Bit of a shorter entry today. Had a bit of a lay in (aka hangover) this morning after a late night catching up with Rachel & Ash.

I started the day sorting out the Alphard which to be honest was in a bit of a tip so that took a while. We had about 45 seconds of rain but all that did was increase the humidity so even though the temperature was a few degrees lower than of late, it still felt oppressively muggy.

Headed out to the far side of Hastings for stop #134

SAXON SHORE WAY (FINISH)


Apparently this is the end of the Saxon Shore Way, not that there is any sign post, information board or anything really. I got all my info online so I can only assume I was in the right place. This part of Hastings is the old town with loads of old black fishing huts. Also loads of people selling fish, so I supplemented my fruit-filled packed lunch with some cockles. 


Yum.

I was still unable to get a photograph of the other Germinal CCXXIV place around this neck of the woods. Drove back into Bexhill-on-Sea to see if it was any better there, in fact it was worse. But there was a pop-up record shop in the De La Warr Pavilion so I bagged a couple of reasonably priced albums by Sam Amidon and King's of Convenience. 

I then headed in land to one of the most delightful and beautiful ruined castles in East Sussex - Bodium





Came back via the coast. No good. Hopeless in fact. And then when I checked my messages, discovered that I'd been issued a speeding ticket from Dorset police. My first ever speeding ticket at 57. Oops.

Allons-y 

Douglas Germinal CCXXIV Brain over and out 


2 comments:

  1. But only 36 mph, I blame your enjoyment of the 3 litre engine. X G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have got very used to driving a 3L V6 engine around country lanes!

    ReplyDelete